Sunday 26 June 2011

A Narrative of Joseph of Arimathea






















I am Joseph of Arimathaea, who begged from Pilate the body of Christ.
Given certain set of circumstances, I’d do it again and not think thrice.

Yes, indeed, I was his disciple; though secretly- “for fear of the Jews.”
After the baptism of the Holy Spirit I gained courage, being made a-new.

Jewish leaders ruled under Rome; I had wealth and my position to protect.
I counted the cost and gave Christ my tomb; I didn’t purposely reject.

The battle betwixt the law of man, and ‘grace and Truth,’ was grave…
It was a political-&-spiritual plot against Christ; who alone could-save.

Moses himself provoked the law-givers-, not knowing God’s Yahshua.
Still God drew him up to Zion’s fire; there he saw the glory or Shekinah.

Christ was taken the 3rd. day of Passover; betrayed while accusations hit.
Did he not say: I am able to destroy this temple and in 3-days to raise it.

Caiaphas: “tell us, why have you stolen our law and disowned our way?”
“Will you tell me- why you, by your law, have made void God’s, today?”

Boastfully, they claimed Abram-&-the-law. “Before Abraham was I-AM;”
Christ said that day; I speak thus now, and by his grace this is no sham.

I, Joseph of Arimathea, after resurrection, was imprisoned and released.
Christ sent us into ALL the world, to preach the good news of his PEACE.

After all-I-lost, it’s not a foolish thing to “surrender” for one’s CROSS.
I saw my children, of royal domain; kin with blessings, more than loss.

This is my testimony, to Rabbi/ master the living Lamb of God slain…
Glory to God by “all representing his name,” for which he’s claimed!

Written by Milly Hunter

(Word related to my ancestor: "Joseph Yosef (Ben Matthat) ARIMATHEA" who died the 27th.  Jul 82 A.D. in Glastonbury, Somerset-shire, England of Wales.

No comments: